Our home learning platform is here.
You can contact teachers using the details on each page.
We are still subject to Covid restrictions.
You should limit indoor gatherings to 6 people or 2 households.
If someone in your household has symptoms (new or persistent cough, temperature of 38+ or loss of taste and smell) of Covid 19; everyone in the house must stay at home and self isolate until they have a negative test.
If someone in your household tests positive for Covid 19; everyone living in the house must stay at home and self isolate.
If someone in your household tests positive, please contact school immediately by phone during office hours 0161 224 3892 or by email out of hours - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please wear a mask or face covering to drop off or collect your children from school. Please do not save places in the queue and keep 2m distant.
Here are some of the measures we are taking in school, to help us all keep safe:
- The school has been deep cleaned, extra cleaning supplies have been ordered and signage has been updated.
- No one should enter the building if they have a persistent cough, high temperature or have lost their sense of taste or smell.
- People with these symptoms must take a test and self- isolate.
- Children should wear their school uniform (or PE kit on PE days, see below).
- Gates will open at 8.45 Reception children should be taken to their class door.
- All children Y1-6 should be dropped off at either the Lytham Road or Retail Park gates between 8.45 and 8.55, staff will be available to supervise them in their safe circles.
- Classes have a maximum of 10 pupils. Children will be with their class bubble all of the time. Playtimes and Lunches will be staggered in Year groups. There will be no sets or additional classes.
- Children will eat lunch in their classrooms.
- Y2-6 desks will face forwards and staff will maintain 2m distance from each other and as much as possible from the children. N-Y1 will have more learning outdoors.
- Children will wash their hands throughout the day.
- Additional cleaning of toilets and touch points will take place.
- Children will be taught good hygiene habits and the new safety procedures.
- Children should only bring lunch boxes and book bags to school.
- At hometime Reception children may be picked up from their class doors at 3pm.
- The Retail Park gate will be opened at 3.15pm for parents of Y1-6. There will be a one -way system. Parents will enter from that gate, pick up their children from their safe circles, then leave from the Lytham Road gate. (We have had to make these arrangements to avoid too much social contact in school and because we only have 2 gates.)
- Parents please socially distance in the queue and don't push in, please wear a face covering to protect yourself and others.
- There will be no extra -curricular clubs, including Breakfast Club.
- If anyone develops Covid 19 symptoms while in school they will be isolated with any members of their household and be sent home to self- isolate for 10 days (family members should self- isolate for 14 days) or until they have a negative test. If they test positive, we will support the track and trace process and other staff or pupils may have to self- isolate.
- Please see our Home/School agreement for further details
Please come to school dressed for PE on the following days:
MONDAY - YEAR 5 & REC
TUESDAY - YEAR 6
WEDNESDAY – YEAR 3 & YEAR 1
THURSDAY – YEAR 2 (Year 4 swimming kit)
FRIDAY – YEAR 4
A red t-shirt
Black shorts or leggings
Trainers or pumps
Children are welcome to wear a black tracksuit on colder days.
PE sessions will be outside or in the hall if it’s raining.
Birchfields T-shirts can be bought from the school office: £4
Help out of School Hours
Childline - 0800 1111
Manchester City Council -0161 234 5000
(Links to homeless advice, rent arrears, council tax etc)
Women's Aid - 0808 2000 247
Saheli - 0161 945 4187. Email: email@example.com
Muslim Women’s Helpline - 0161 953 4075
Manchester Bangladeshi Women’s Organisation - 0161 257 3867 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shelter Manchester - 0344 515 1640
Free School Meals
FSM Vouchers for Summer Holidays 2021
Children eligible to benefits related Free School Meals will receive a voucher for £90 per eligible child to cover the summer holidays. If you receive your vouchers by email you will receive an email from Wonde. You will receive £90 per child so please ensure you redeem the voucher for each child. If you receive printed vouchers, these will be posted to the address we have on record for your child.
How to apply for Free School Meals
If you think your children may be eligible for Free School Meals on low income grounds, then you can check your eligibility here APPLY FOR FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Families not eligible for free school meals but facing financial difficulties due to COVID-19 can apply for support from Manchester City Councils' Hardship Fund CLICK HERE
Join the @BirchfieldsPS family conversation on Twitter.